=== IMPORTANT NOTICE ===
Due to the troublesome experience with the Ubuntu Software Center, Robotux has been removed from there and can now be downloaded for free here:
If Robotux does not run after installing, try running this command:
sudo glib-compile-schemas /opt/robotux/share/glib-2.0/schemas
Note that Robotux will now no longer be developed actively. Since it is written in python, feel free to modify it to your needs after installing the package. It's just a bunch of .py files.
A Macro Recorder and Player for Ubuntu/Linux
What is Robotux?
Robotux is a macro recorder for Ubuntu/Linux.
With Robotux, you can easily record your mouse and keyboard actions and play them back with different speeds.
Check out our demo videos to see Robotux in action.
- Exact recordings of every move you make,
- Store an unlimited number of macros. You can give macros names, delete selectively, etc.
- Automatically replay macros several times until you manually stop it
- Specify the replay speed (e.g. 1.5 times faster, only 10% of the original speed, 20 times faster, ...)
Hard to specify exact use cases. There are many creative ways how you can use Robotux.
Some examples include:
- Doing some lotteries where you have to do a lot of clicking with several facebook (or something else) accounts?
Record the actions once and replay them with all your accounts
- Want to rename serveral files in the same way (e.g. appending .txt at the end)?
Record->F2->end->.txt->return->rightarrow->stop record and replay it a few times with increased speed. Check out the video below.
- Dealing with a crashy application and don't want to lose your work and also don't want to save permanently?
Just let Robotux record your work and if a problem occurs, you can simply replay it.
- Automation of browser and flash based online-games
- Are you a software developer and want to automatically test your GUI-Application?
Record the actions and do semi-automated tests whenever you want.
- Writing code and just want to comment out a few lines? Do it the fast way with Robotux
- And much more! Any repetitive task can be automated with Robotux. Robotux can save you a lot of time!
Robotux should be simple and intuitive to use. Simply start Robotux from your dash/launcher.
You will then notice a small Robotux icon in the status area in the top right corner of your screen. Click this icon for more options.
It is also useful to remember the shortcuts for recording and playback.
For recording a macro, press Ctrl+Shift+F8. When you are done, press Ctrl+Shift+F8 again to stop recording.
To automatically play the macro, press Ctrl+Shift+F9. If something is going wrong, you can cancel execution by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F9 again.